Friday, July 25, 2014
It's back for another round. Now with DK2 support!
While I'm waiting on my own Rift DK2 so I can get to finishing up with Project: Ocarina, I felt I could stand to re-release the original Kokiri Forest demo with some DK2 support from the Oculus 0.4.0 SDK, and a few minor changes.
Here's a summary of whats changed...
- Upgraded to OVR SDK 0.4.0. Now supports DK2!
- Changed lighting to baked in all of the scenes, excluding the Night scene. Should allow people to get a few more FPS if needed.
- Fixed a texture issue in the Collect Game scene.
- Changed the default loaded scene to a menu select. Creates a buffer before jumping into a scene in which the Health and Safety warning can display, and will help people know the other scenes even exist!
- Fixed a few issues with lighting bleeding through seams.
- Fixed the UV mapping/texturing on a few meshes.
I'll update it for issues as I can. But again like before, I don't have a DK1 or a DK2. So depending on what issues might show up, I may not be able to.
Project: Ocarina is still coming! I was going to release it in a "as is" state since without a dev kit myself I've had a hard time staying interested in the project. But thanks to Jesse and Graham that issue is set to be corrected in a couple months. So I'll be waiting for that to try and get it done to my original goals.
Anyway, back to Kokiri Forest. Here are the downloads below!
Changed to use DX11 now. This should fix the issue with using DirectToRift mode.
Changed some shaders.
Added lighting to the menu scene.
Kokiri Forest - Rift Demo v2.5 (Windows x86)
Kokiri Forest - Rift Demo v2.5 (Windows x64)
There's a ReadMe.txt in the package that covers the general info, so please read it.
* Feel free to host these files elsewhere to share with people. Just please don't directly link to them. And remember to provide links to this blog/post when you share this project! =)
NOTICE!: As an extra, if you want another Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time experience in your DK2, you can check out my Zelda's Courtyard room for VRChat over on my VRChat Rooms page. It won't support positional tracking ATM, but VRChat is compiled with the 0.3.1 SDK, so it should work on the DK2 otherwise.
** These screen shots were taken with a normal monocular camera, but rest assured that this will work in the Rift like it's supposed to.